Thursday, November 5, 2009

We're Moving!!!

In February I received a phone call from a nurse in Kodiak. She was talking to me about coming to Kodiak to be their RD in their Diabetes Dept. Well we have decided that is exactly what we are going to do!!! Sam and I both took jobs at KANA (the native health clinic) in Kodiak, Alaska. He will be the HR director and I will be their Dietitian. I don't have my military orders yet, but they are talking possibly January when we will get there. It rains about 60-80 inches each year. I'm not sure how we are going to tolerate that, but we will soon see. Right now we both come from a place that gets about 10 inches maybe???!!!!!!!
Kodiak is on an island in the south central part of AK. We will be able to take our cars to Anchorage if we want. They have a marine highway that goes from Kodiak to Homer. Then we will have to drive 4 hours to get to Anc vs. a 45 min flight! :) They have A LOT of trees. I felt claustrophobic b/c of the trees b/c Nome does not have any. They have cheaper groceries and a Walmart. It is like living in a city, but I still have to fly to get to Anchorage and it rains a flood! :) Most of all, Sam and I finally get to be together and I will get to see him everyday. Leaving Nome for me and Red Dog Mine for him is going to be super tough, but the other side of the coins (being together) looks much better!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment