Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jennie's Baby Shower








This weekend I threw my friend here in Nome a baby shower with her Mother, Tricia Schield. Jennie is 7 months pregnant and so beautiful. We threw her shower at her parent's house. We made Angle food cakes and layered them with sorbet and covered with cool whip. They were so good, as was our other food....we had cheese cut in the shapes of hearts, fish, horses, cats and more hearts! We had veggies, yummy dips, and this tasty June punch. The entire thing was so much fun and just a joy to get to help throw for Jennie.

I made a few things for her. I sewed a receiving blanket that had a strap for her neck so she can nurse and little Luke won't pull the blanket down all of the time. I also made a burp rag and a bib. When I made the bib, I cut it in two pieces (instead of one) so I had to figure out a way to sew it together...it turned out pretty gaudy but her mother and Jennie thought it was great! :) Tricia and I decorated with an umbrella b/c it was a shower. We had to put it on the tripod that they have in their big window that looks out at the ocean. Tricia said, "what happens if a polar bear comes, we won't be able to see it!" We covered the tripod with purple crepe paper to try to make it look pretty. I'm not sure it helped or made it better! :) You can see it in the big picture.

T-3 days until Sam and I head on our vacation to Florida and the surprise destination for Sam's 30th Birthday!!! :) We both are so excited especially me b/c I am tired of the wet weather here in Nome which is causing our snow to melt and leaving me with roads that are flooded with slush.

No comments:

Post a Comment