Sunday, April 5, 2009

Times of a alaskan

So as you could see I am back up at work which is always nice but also some negatives. I spend 2 weeks at a time up here and then get one week off. That's camp work for you, there are definitely plus and minuses on the scale. But here's a decent photo of me today outside on the dock of the warehouse. Do I work outside? Um no i don't, while up here i rarely get to go out. Its good in the winter but summer time i definitely get office fever and want to go outside!! I really haven't posted anything fun or what not since the only thing we really did so far was Iditarod which is nice but that is only March. So since i really don't get out and what not to take pictures or anything else i figured i would post some older pictures of some of the places that we got to travel in the past year. Also i noticed i haven't put my favorite nephew in here Baby Samuel aka Bo Jangles who is my sisters boy. So i will include him in this piece today.


Shanna and I at the gold camp out side of Nome...Go GO GO Gold fever


Us outside of Nome on the road system i forget what they call this place....


Us at Dorothy Falls, long hike but beautiful out there...make sure you pack lots of bug dope!!
Chicago Bulls Game!!! Every native should experience a bulls game...MJ 23 for life :)

Shanna on the way for a walk...beautiful lights behind the beautiful girl in Chi town


Bean in Chicago that thing is cool!!! Its a bean mirror so doe s that mean you would fart off the walls if you were around it


Shanna got me a new tripod for my camera and utilizing it on a snowshoe hike out towards banner creek...nice but a little cold...yes i know i am photogenic or wait can you even see me ?


Shanna and Sam during his birthday at chuck e cheese!! That place rocks...i am glad that i have a nephew now so i could bring him there and become a kid all over again. Although i do have problems trying to fit in to the rides and maybe even broke the ride one where you sit in a single seat and it lifts you up...it just starting smoking and couldn't move with me :) sike...anyways that is it for now, i leave out of here in 3 days and am going to spend some time in Anchorage and visit bo jangles and then head up to Kotzebue and do some sheefishing and try my hand at caribou. we are going to be staying with my cousin chad and will be nice to finally sheefish and caribou hunt again. Shee fish taste like halibut but look like a big pike or something as for caribou you know how they are...actually below is a picture of a sheefish that i hijacked from one of my friends facebook pages. If we catch some i am sure i will have a cool blog about our experience...peace...





Also big news my friend Beaver and his girlfriend Roxy are getting married in Kenai on August 1 so congratulations. Below are pictures of the cute couple... Don't you like Beavers Baby Seal shirt :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I recognize that jet sled! hahah. nice blog dude. (And Shanna!) :)

    ReplyDelete