Sunday, March 8, 2009

A first for everything



The blog has cometh upon me as this is my first post, not sure how Shanna and I are going to be doing this so without further ado i have decided to complete my first post. As everyone knows its March now a time for March Madness, a time where every village and hard core basketball fan cheers on there home teams for a birth to state and vying for the state glory. If your a little older like um....me :) Its time for city league tournaments such as the ever popular Iditarod or the North American. This year will be the Iditarod for me and every year its a wonderful experience in its own right. Also starting up is the Iditarod race where every tourist from places over sea's to the lower 48's anticipate Lance Mackey and Jeff king's run to Nome....i remember when i was a kid as the Iditarod went through Unalakleet and got to watch them come in and I especially liked it when i was able to stay up late or head up river and see all the front runners as people from Unalakleet made them snacks for their break at old woman cabin. I still remember eating Dried apricots from Susan Butcher :) Also back then i was really in to dog mushing and would go around collecting dog booties for my Uncle Junie, running around house to house and being ever so happy that i got Rick Swenson and Susan Butchers dog booties :) Who knows whose going to win the race this year as it seams there are quite a number of good racers again this year. Is it possible that Lance can pull a three peat? or is one of the Hardened veterans such as Buser, King or Seavey going to succeed. Then theres the second group of guys who continually place in the top 10, guys such as Iten, Baker, Smyth, or girls Jonrowe. I have no pick but the over sea's musher Kjetil Backen is always dangerous. As for what i am doing i am back at work at the Mine for another week till i get my much needed break from this place. But I guess i could write about that later. Hope everyone is enjoying the storms and spring time weather and be careful as it is icy out there. I have included some pics of Shanna and I around Nome from last week, one is Me on my snowmachine on a Nome mountain and the other is Shanna snowshoeing with her Dog Spalding in the back ground running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment