Monday, August 24, 2009

Home to the Heat

At the end of July I went home to Denver for work and then east to Kansas to visit my family and see my mom's new house....so pretty!!! I love it and wow, what a great trip to CO/KS!
When I got to Denver, I went straight to my friend from college. We had a surprise wedding shower for her at a restaurant, which was so fun! We then went with her finance' to a Rockies game. Kim and I hung out the following day after I got home from visiting Mt. Evans. Mt Evans is in Idaho Springs and you can drive all the way up 14, 000+ feet. Scary but pretty cool drive. After my two day conference, my sister came out to Denver to get me. We both needed a good vacation so we drove down to Canon City on Thursday to finally see a always wanted to see tourist trap...the Royal Gorge. Pretty amazing site but I have to say, it was abit over priced for the package, but hey it was still cool. We both freaked out as we crossed over the bridge, locked arm and all....so scary!!! That night we hung out in C -town, so we could get up early and hit the rapids. We both have never white water rafted so we thought we would try it out. We did 1,2 & 3's so kind of whimpy but it was still great. After that we drove to Kansas to mom's house. We were going to hit Colorado Springs, but we kept missing the turn offs so took the highway all the way till the "backroad" hit the Interstate at Colby. Once at home, I participated in the local triathlon the day after I arrived. I swam 1/4 mile swim in an outdoor pool (I don't have one in AK!), I biked 10 miles uphill both ways! :) and I ran a 5k. It was so HOT and so hard b/c of many elements! After the wedding I went to my friend's wedding. Beautiful, beautiful wedding!!! Tyrel and Breanne are a beautiful couple. Aunt Loretta had a bbq the next day, Sunday at her new house in Ness City. It was one of my favorite get togethers. All of the aunts were there and my DAD!!!! He drove all of the way from New Mexico to see us all. He is the best. We had all of my nieces and nephews there and he played with them. It was so special and so nice. They all had a huge water fight together and it was so, so fun to watch. The next following days, I just hung out and visited some more people like Aunt Marge and Uncle Danny, Grandma Lyda and Tony and Kathy. All of my visits were special and so nice! I got to play in the yard a bunch (mow mom's yard, pick stickers... YAY) and run late at night when it was still in the hot 80's!!! I enjoyed huge amounts of time with my brother's kids...which I can never get enough of and am always extremely happy about when Chelsea "allows it"! grrrr..... :) My trip was again way too short, but like always, it is always nice to get home....get home this time to go....BERRY PICKING!!! YAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment