Monday, February 1, 2010

New Adventures

A week ago today, Andrea and I set out from Nome on our trip down "south". It was a tearful 'see you later' when the time came to say bye to Jennie and Luke. So sad to leave my best girl friend. With the happy thoughts that we will be seeing each other in 1 month for her wedding, we were able to hang on to that, but the overall was sad because we knew no more spontaneous beautiful bike rides on nice summer nights or no more workout partners or even our Friday night, 'girl & wine nights'.
Our trip to Anchorage that day was great though. Andrea and I shopped like busy beavers to pick up last minute things that we needed to get before leaving the city and heading to our new island. On Tuesday we drove the long drive to Homer from Anchorage. It took most of the day. We spent most of it enjoying major junk foods and listening to Sarah Palin's, Going Rogue book on tape. Wow, what a great book thus far.
That evening we then hopped on the ferry for our even longer ride to Kodiak. Luckily I was beat so I feel asleep quickly, however, the rocking, whipping and rolling of the ferry woke me around 2:30am. It woke me to feel, oh so not good! :) Thankfully I begged and pleaded with my favorite PA in Nome to prescribe me some motion sickness pills. Andrea being our little warrior braved the ferry and waves, Shanna on the other hand had to wimp up and take the little yellow pill. While I was breathing and swallowing awaiting my body to go back to sleep, I realized that I figure out this ferry. It was the carnival ride that I couldn't yell loud enough to stop. I was in their hands not mine!!! With no avail though I feel asleep, and the next thing I knew we were right on time, the ferry made it's smooth way into Kodiak at 8:00am Wednesday morning. Off to our new home, to see Sam and finally to get Spalding out of his toxic epoxied dog box. Wednesday, January 27, 2010 became Sam and I's first day together for the first time. We haven't beat our most time spent together record yet, but soon!!! I can't believe how happy I feel to have a nice place to live, to finally be with Sam and to have Andrea with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment